As you noticed I had missed the class on 6/2 so I am experiencing a big gap on this group project. With the information Linda filled me with, I managed to put something together but I think I might have misunderstood her because it seems my post is off from the target. Instead of rewriting it, I think it is a better idea to read others' blogs so to bring me to the same stage. I know Professor Tao asks us to read & comment on important ideas from each chapter but I think I will use this one as my assignment reflection to chapter 1 & 2.
I checked Wayne's blog and I think he did a great job. After reading his blog, I have a better picture on what this project is about, what the project goals are, what format we are going to deliver and etc. I thought it is a new students orientation which focuses on new students but this project's scope is broader. I will be participating actively in this project & working closely with the team to reach the project goals in the project timeframe.
***
Group Project : CalMat Orientation
The “CalMat Orientation” was decided by class members as the class project on 06/02/12. Currently enrolled students will a form a small group to work closely with Professor Tao at CalMat to create idea, decide contents, collect info, choose the creative form and refine everything in progress when the project in on going.
We are going to focus on a few goals:
Goal #1: The orientation must be given by the end of summer semester.
Goal #2: We will prepare, implement the orientation by defining roles usually existing in PM, like customers, project manager, team members. This project will experience and exemplify all 4 phrases.
Goal #3: The orientation will be an opportunity to improve awareness of CalMat. All audience's knowledge about CalMat need to increase 15%.
Goal #4: The orientation is a result of team work. All member are encouraged to actively participate in the actions and play a crucial role within the team. The orientation must cover all basic information that could be searched and evaluated by different targets. We think of necessary contents in their shoes and assemble information in their favorite way. Anyone who were presented the orientation will know the procedure to follow and right person to contact.
Goal #5: Orientation need to reach most of target audience listed below.
Second let's brain storm the groups of people who would be a part of this project.
- CalMat (management team+project members in class) raising the request for the orientation.
- Students to be, who need a guidance to begin.
- Potential students, who are searching on market for MBA.CSIT program and they are focusing on different info that the students to be care about.
- Project team, including the roles of project managers and other worker.
- Community, community should be aware of basic info about CalMat, for instance the location, the MBA and computer program,
- Partners, who are related to CalMat for any purpose.
- Faculty and current students, who are familiar with CalMat, but they may need the orientation to talk about CalMat at same tune.
- Graduated students from CalMat
- …...
After we have consensus of starting date, we will put idea into plan and actions. Each of us will contribute the contents and discuss it when we meet.
I think the orientation will take a format of a presentation. In the presentation we could embed pics, audio, video along with text. Video could be testimony or interview.
No comments:
Post a Comment