My colleague is an American lady in her mid 40’s. She adopted 2 boys around 13 years ago when they were still babies. She is a single mom working full time. She often talks about how much she pays for their after school programs. Sometimes she needs to leave early to pick them from school. From time to time, she needs to take a day off & stay at home because the school has holiday that day. I don’t think this happens to her only. It happens to all parents who have minors. So my business vision is to help these parents so they can devote more time to their job and they can be more productive.
I would like to open an on-site after school program for elementary kids. It will be opened at the school so the kids only need to walk from their classrooms to the classroom after their last class at 230pm. Since the size of classrooms is getting bigger, there must be vacant classrooms available for rent. Right after a short break, starts at 300pm, they have 1 hour to finish their homework. We have tutors for assistance. Since the state of California could not get enough education funds so a lot certified & experienced teachers got laid off. I will hire them back to the program. After homework and another break but before the parents’ pickup, there are plenty other classes to choose, such as, chess, painting, reading, etc.. Specially, since I will open my 1st one at a Chinese community, I would like to have a couple of teachers who can teach Chinese so the Chinese parents don’t need to drive them to weekends’ school and study Chinese. All the students are able to make good use of the time till their parents pick them up. The school is open on school holidays as well. That means parents like my colleague will no longer need to stay home watching their children on some workdays. If the after school program goes well, I will plan for summer camping program to send the children who are interested to explore more on Chinese culture…
It is never a bad idea to put efforts on education. I can see this brings convenience and comfort to parents to make their life easier. At the same time, this brings knowledge and opportunities to children. Of course, since some laid off teachers have their jobs back, this helps lower the unemployment rate as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment